Every programming based job has some repetitive work that needs considerable amount of time, but it does not offer any new learning. These activities could involve updating a spreadsheet, running test cases, checking test logs, updating environment for common changes, etc. Unfortunately many times, people end up spending lot of time on these activities. This is where scripting makes it easier by automating the way we do things. A well coded script can reduce the amount of time considerably and also reduces the bugs due to human errors. PERL programming is not just limited to above, it can do many interesting things.
PERL Training is targeted towards every engineer who is looking to enhance scripting skill set. Though there are many scripting languages like TCL, Shell, Python, etc, PERL stands apart because of 1000’s of open source PERL modules made available as part of PERL package. PERL modules are pre-implemented libraries making whole scripting much easier. Course will focus all teaching all PERL concepts starting from basic to advanced.
Each aspect of PERL is supported by multiple examples. PERL installation is done on student laptop to enable them to practice examples at their end. Course also focuses on developing scripts specific to VLSI and functional verification requirements. However course is not just limited to VLSI.
Introduction to PERL
- What is PERL?
- PERL Scripts
- Print Functions
- Quoting Rules
Fundamentals of PERL
- Variables and Scalars
- Arrays and Slices
- Associative Arrays
- Standard Input and Output
- Predefined file Handles
Operators and Conditions
- String, Assignment, Arithmetic Operators
- Relational and Equality Operators
- Logical operators
- Simple Statements and Modifies
- Pattern Matching
- The tr function
- Pattern Matching
- Labels and Blocks
- While, Until, For
- Labels, Loops and loop control
Working with Files
- User Defined file handles
- Open file for Writing, Reading, Appending
- Open for pipes
- Close, eof functions
- @ARGV array command line arguments
- ARGV and the Shift functions
- Array Built-in Functions
- Functions: grep, split, join, slice, pop, push
- Functions: shift, unshift, reverse, sort, chop, chomp
- Associative Array Functions
- Passing by reference, value
- Return statement
- Standard Perl Library
- @INC Array
- Packages and .pl files
- Require function
- Modules and .pm Files
Objects and Object Oriented PERL
- Object oriented PERL
- my function
- objects, methods
- Derives classes
PERL for VLSI & Functional Verification
- Setting up regression
- Creating complete test bench environment using spreadsheet inputs
- Automated test case development using configuration text files
- Analysing simulation dump(list) for debugging
- Handling regression logs
- Spreadsheet data handling and filtering the required contents
- Make file creation
- UVM Register Model automation
- Regression result spreadsheet creation
- Regression result HTML creation
- Recursive directory manipulation
|Next Batch||5/Dec |
You may enrol for e-learning course for self paced learning. Trainer accessible for doubt clarifications.
|Theory Sessions||3.5 Hours on Saturday & Sunday|
|Practice Sessions||3.5 Hours on 3 weekdays (Working professional can practice from home, with remote support)|
|Fee||INR 4500 +GST at 18% (Classroom training)|
|Mode of training||Classroom training|
|Online training using live training sessions|
|Certificate||Issued based on 50% assignment completion as criteria|
Course has started few weeks back, can I still join the course in between?
- Yes, You will have option to view the recorded videos of course for the sessions missed
- You will have option to repeat the course any time in next 1 year
Do you offer support after course completion?
- Yes, Course fee also includes support for doubt clarification sessions even after course completion
- You have option to mail you queries
- Option to meet in person to clarify doubts
Course Material Shared:
- PERL quick reference manual
- Session lab examples
- Every engineer who wants to utilize scripting to get smarter with work. Ex: A work manually done for 3-4 hours, could be done in 10-15 mins using intelligent scripting.
- Every engineer who has repetetive work on daily basis, and would like to automate the same. Time can be better utilized on learning more interesting things.
- Engineering college faculty looking to enhance their VLSI skill set
- 10+ years of rich experience of working on scripting using PERL, TCL, SHELL & PYTHON.
- Experience of implemeting automation at different stages of project flow suing PERL, TCL & SHELL.