[vc_row][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text]PHYSICAL DESIGN QUESTIONS (1 TO 35)
1. What will happen if you reverse the Pmos & Nmos in the inverter circuit
Answer: It will act as a buffer
2. What is instance count
3. What is gate count
4. What are the inputs required for floorplan..?
5. What is there in logical and physical library..?
6. Why you need technology file..?
7. What is the command for report timing..?
8. What is there in timing report..?
9. What command is used to know the no.of.macros, std cells and macro area,std cell area..?
10. What is ocv ?
11. What is pvt corners ?
12. What is slow corner..?
13. What is fast corner..?
14. Why you want to check setup at slow corner?
15. Why you want to check hold at fast corner?
16. Why is fast corner having more voltage ..?
17. Why is slow corner having less voltage.?
18. What is typical voltage..?
19. What is placement
20. What is magnetic placement
21. What is RC corners
22. What is Antenna violations
23. What are Pre-placed cells
24. What is Std cell lef file and technology lef file?
25. To fix, Timing violations which cell is better HVT or LVT ?
26. To fix, Power violations which cell is better HVT or LVT ?
27. What do you mean by color pattern
28. What is Keepout margin or Hallows
29. Why we are giving color for metal layers
30. Can we change the color of metal layers ?
31. What is current density
32. What does SCANDEF file contains ?
33. In Timing report how you identify that the path is setup or hold
34. What is meant by Max path
35. What is meant by Min path
DIGITAL & APTITUDE QUESTIONS:
1. A businessman sold 2/3 of his stock at a gain of 20% and the rest at a gain of 14%. The overall percentage of gain to the businessman is:
(A) 12% (B) 17% (C) 18% (D) 20%
2. If 24% of 395 is y, then what is 360% of 79.
(A) y (B) 2y (C) 3y (D) 3.5 y
3. A person incurs 5% loss by selling a bat for Rs 1140. At what price should the watch be sold to earn 5% profit?
(A) 1260 (B) 1255 (C) 1270 (D) 1250
4. An article costing Rs. 200 is marked 25% higher than its C.P. and is sold at a discount of 10% for cash payment. A customer is ready to pay the complete money on the spot . What is the shopkeeper’s percentage profit?
(A) 15% (B) 12.5% (C) 20 % (D) None of these
5. A man buys two goats at Rs. 120 each. He sells one at 25% gain and other at 25% loss. How much is his profit or loss?
(A) No loss no gain (B) 1% Loss (C) 1% Profit (D) None of these.
6. A and B started a partnership business investing some amount in the ratio of 3 : 5. C joined them after six months with an amount equal to that of B. In what proportion should the profit at the end of one year be distributed amount A, B and C
(A) 3:7:5 (B) 6:10:5 (C) 6:10:7 (D) 6:7:5
7. A and B enter in to a partnership and A invests Rs.10, 000 in the partnership. At the end of 4 months he withdraws Rs.2000. At the end of another 5 months, he withdraws another Rs.3000. If B invests a certain sum in the partnership at the beginning of the year and leaves it intact and receives Rs.9600 as his share of the total profit of Rs.19, 100 for the year, how much did B invest in the company?
(A) Rs. 12000 (B) Rs. 96000 (C) Rs. 8000 (D) Rs. 6000
8. The population of Pune increases by 10% in the first year, it increases by 20% in the second year and due to mass exodus, it decreases by 5% in the third year. What will be its population after 3 years, if today it is 10,000?
(a) 11,540 (b) 13,860 (c) 12,860 (d) 12,540
9. If Rs. 1100 is obtained after lending out Rs. x at 5% per annum for 2 years and Rs. 1800 is obtained after lending out Rs y at 10% per annum for 2 years, find x + y?
(a) Rs 2500 (b) Rs 3000 (c) Rs 2000 (d) Rs 2200
10. The population of a city is 200,000. If the annual birth rate and the annual death rate are 6% and 3% respectively, then calculate the population of the city after 2 years?
(a) 2, 12,090 (b) 2, 06,090 (c) 2, 12,000 (d) 2, 12,180
11. If the simple interest is 10.5 % annual and compound interest is 10% annual, find the difference between the interests after 3 years on a sum of 1000?
(a) 15 (b) 12 (c) 16 (d) 11
12. At a certain rate of simple interest a certain sum doubles itself in ten years. It will become four times of itself in how many years?
(A) 20 years (B) 15 years (C) 10 years (D) 5 years
13. Nine litres are drawn from a cask full of wine and it is then filled with water, Nine litres of the mixture are withdrawn and the cask is again filled with water. The ratio of quantity of wine now remaining in the cask to that of water in it is 16:9.How much does the cask hold?
(A) 15 (B) 45 (C) 24 (D) none of these
14. The average salary of 3 workers is Rs. 95 per week. If one earns Rs.115 and second earns
Rs.65, how much is the salary of the 3rd worker?
(A) Rs.120 (B) Rs. 100 (C) Rs. 105 (D) None of these
15. If 3 women working for 6 hours a day earns Rs.650 in 10 days then how much will 18 women working 9 hours a day earn in 10 days?
a. Rs. 6500 b. Rs. 5850 c. Rs. 925 d. none of these
Digital Electronics Questions:
16.Which of the following statements best describes the operation of a synchronous up-/down-counter?
A. The counter can count in either direction, but must continue in that direction once started.
B. The counter can be reversed, but must be reset before counting in the other direction.
C. In general, the counter can be reversed at any point in its counting sequence.
D. The count sequence cannot be reversed, once it has begun, without first resetting the counter to zero.
The figure given below represents a ________.
A. successive-approximation A/D converter
B. dual-slope A/D converter
C. tracking A/D converter
D. dual-approximation D/A comparator
18.An unused input of a NAND gate can be left unconnected, pulled high by a pull-up resistor and tied together with another input and not change the logic output.
19.The expressions, , are equivalent.
20.The internal circuitry of the 555 timer consists of ________, an R-S flip-flop, a transistor switch, an output buffer amplifier, and a voltage divider.
A. a comparator
B. a voltage amplifier
C. two comparators
D. a peak detector
21.A monostable 555 timer has the following number of stable states:
22.What is the advantage of using serial data transmission over parallel data transmission?
A. It is slower.
B. Only one pair of wires is required.
C. More people use it.
D. It is faster.
23.Add the following BCD numbers.
0110 0111 1001
0101 1000 1000
A. 0000 1011 0000 1111 0001 0001
B. 0001 0001 0001 0101 0001 0001
C. 0000 1011 0000 1111 0001 0111
D. 0001 0001 0001 0101 0001 0111
24.The two’s-complement system is to be used to add the signed numbers 11110010 and 11110011. Determine, in decimal, the sign and value of each number and their sum.
A. –14 and –13, –27
B. –113 and –114, 227
C. –27 and –13, 40
D. –11 and –16, –27
25.Which of the following is a form of DeMorgan’s theorem?
26.If [A] = 10 and [B] = 01, then [A] + [B] = [ ].
27.In a digital representation of voltages using an 8-bit binary code, how many values can be defined?
28.The circuit in Figure 9-8 is defective; data is not appearing on the output lines. A check with the scope shows data pulses on the serial data line and multiplex control lines, S0–S2; no parity error is indicated. A further check with a logic probe indicates that Vcc and ground appear to be present. What might be wrong with the circuit?
A. The demultiplexer may be bad.
B. The parity checker is defective.
C. The parity generator may be bad.
D. The parity checker is defective, or the parity generator may be bad
29.A 4-variable AND-OR-Invert circuit produces a 0 at its Y output. Which combination of inputs is correct?
D. none of the above
30.The full-step sequence always has two coils of the stepper motor energized in any state of the sequence and typically causes 30° of shaft rotation per step.
Many parallel counters use ________ presetting whereby the counter is preset on the active transition of the same clock signal that is used for counting.
32.Which method bypasses the CPU for certain types of data transfer?
A. Software interrupts
B. Interrupt-driven I/O
C. Polled I/O
D. Direct memory access (DMA)
33.Incandescent 7-segment displays are especially well suited for use in portable battery-operated devices.
34.Why should a LED be pulled LOW from a logic gate rather than pulled HIGH?
A. LOW-level current is smaller.
B. LOW-level current is larger.
C. HIGH-level current is larger.
D. LOW-level current is smaller and HIGH-level current is larger.
35.SPLDs, CPLDs, and FPGAs are all which type of device?
Teacher is an important part of anybody's education.
I completed my post graduation in 2005. During my school and College, I always had difficulty coping up with things in classroom. But my Telugu teacher Mr. Hussain Budde during my 7th class , I used to enjoy his way of teaching, way he used to engage students by teaching lessons as stories. After that, I never found any teacher who kept sessions so much engaging. I don't want to blame my teachers, I always felt they could make sessions more engaging. I always had to spend time outside class hours to cope up with every minute of classroom session.
I as a teacher, adopt a style of teaching which keeps session engaging and ensures that students give 100% focus on the session. I always wanted to be that one teacher, whom my students will remember for lifetime. I am making sure that, rest of trainer's also follow same.
I want your 6 months of education at VLSIGuru to be among your best learning experiences. We at VLSIGuru will do our best to make this a memorable time.