1. List down differences between 8b/10b encoding and 128b/130b encoding.
2. What are framing tokens in Gen3. Why they are not used in gen2?
3. Explain Data blocks and ordered set blocks in Gen3.
4. Explain all the functionality involved in various layers for initiating data transfer of 100kb
5. What is the structure of TS1 Ordered set.
6. Explain different states of DLCMSM. What is flow control. How is it related to virtual channel initialization.
7. Explain the significance of DLL in TLP transfers.
8. Explain ack and Nak dllps significance
9. Explain the significance of credits in TLP transfers. List down various types of credits.
10. Pcie supports byte level unaligned transfers. Explain this using an example.
11. Pcie root complex does the memory mapping during enumeration. How BAR registers are used during address mapping assignment.
12. Explain various fields in TLP header. What is the significance of format and type fields
13. List down various types of TLPs and their routing styles.
14. Configuration TLPs use ID routing. Why it can’t use address routing.
15. Explain the role of cfgrd0/1, cfgwr0/1 during the enumeration. Explain using detailed example how complete enumeration is achieved from the time device is connected till enumeration complete
16. List down detailed structure of various TLP Headers for memory, IO, cfg and messages
17. List down various types of implicit routing
18. What is the significance of attr_1 and attr_0 in TLP header
19. Explain retry mechanism in DLL. Why is it required
20. How virtual channels are implemented in PCIe
21. What is significance of TAG and externded tag in TLP header
22. How completion TLP routing happens
23. What is overhead in TLP transmission. Explain this using an example by arriving at sample overhead numbers
24. What is updateFC, why is it required. How do we arrive at UPDATEFC frequency.
25. What is link error. How it is handled in pcie.
Teacher is an important part of anybody's education.
I completed my post graduation in 2005. During my school and College, I always had difficulty coping up with things in classroom. But my Telugu teacher Mr. Hussain Budde during my 7th class , I used to enjoy his way of teaching, way he used to engage students by teaching lessons as stories. After that, I never found any teacher who kept sessions so much engaging. I don't want to blame my teachers, I always felt they could make sessions more engaging. I always had to spend time outside class hours to cope up with every minute of classroom session.
I as a teacher, I adopt a style of teaching which keeps session engaging and ensures that students give 100% focus on the session. I always wanted to be that one teacher, whom my students will remember for lifetime. I am making sure that, rest of trainer's also follow same.
I want your 6 months of education at VLSIGuru to be among your best learning experiences. We at VLSIGuru will do our best to make this a memorable time.