Digital Design & Analog Design
- All components that go in to an SOC can be divided in to either digital or analog
- All these components involve various digital and analog design concepts starting CMOS, gates, delays, latch, flip flop, etc to name a few
- As a fresher it is essential to know all these concepts for multiple reasons
- o Learning above concepts, makes it easy to understand advanced concepts as you move to learn protocols like PCIe, USB, DDR, AXI, etc
- o Majority of interviews focus on Digital design & Verilog coding concepts
- o There are few domains of VLSI like Physical design, STA, GLS which only require strong digital design understanding.
- Even though we don’t use Analog design concepts much in VLSI functional verification, however it need to be learnt with an eye on interviews.