VLSI Industry work can majorly be classified in to 3 categories.
- SoC Design & Verification
- Subsystem Design & Verification
- Module level(or IP) Design & Verification
VLSI Engineer should plan his career in such a way to work on projects in all 3 domains above, during his initial part of career. Even though all above domains are different, they still follow common steps on how design & verification is approached. This article we will focus on detailed steps that goes in to Module level verification projects. Majority of these items are applicable to Subsystem & SOC projects as well.
- Design Specification understanding
- Listing down of Features
- Listing down scenarios
- Test plan development
- Test Bench architecture
- Testbench component coding & integration
- Sanity Testcase development
- Testcase coding & debugging
- Regression setup & debugging testcases
- Verification closure using regression & coverage criteria